Back to work plan following the Covid-19 Pandemic
We must ensure that we have the health and safety of anyone who works at or visits The Beauty Rooms at the forefront of our minds at all times to help prevent the spread of Covid -19. We all need to make changes to lower the risk of transmission of the virus whilst protecting ourselves and each other.
We have carried out a full risk assessment of every part of our business to identify extra steps we need to take for the safety of everyone and have created new processes to follow to ensure we adhere to the Government guidelines. We will follow these strict measures in every part of our daily working life. The plan will continuously be under review and alter as necessary in response to government advice
The new steps that are being implemented are:-
- There will be limited treatments available and we will no longer be providing 15 minute appointments. There will be a small price increases on nails, waxing, lash treatments and tanning due to the additional operational (PPE) costs.
- Waiting is not permitted inside the salon and Clients will be asked to wait outside in the corridor area 2 metres apart in the allocated area. Your therapist will call you through once ready.
- Clients should attend appointments unaccompanied and limit items brought to the appointment where possible.
- Clients will not be able to use the normal facilities for the time being, this includes toilet, water machine/beverages and magazines.
- Please ensure you bring your own face mask with you where possible and wear it once you enter the building. We will have disposable ones available for those who don’t own one.
- All Client’s entering the salon must use hand gel provided at the entrance and there will also be hand washing facilities in treatment room.
- Please do not come in if you are unwell or you or any family members are displaying signs of COVID 19.
- Walk-in appointments will not be available- pre booked appointments only; please make sure you are no more than 5 minutes early.
- No under 18’s will be allowed into the salon as they need to be accompanied by an adult in order to have treatments.
- If you start to display symptoms AFTER your appointment please notify us as soon as possible so we can notify anyone who was in the salon the day you were.
Plans with PPE & Social Distancing
- Mask to be warn at all times by the therapist and client
- Aprons will be worn by the therapists
- Gloves will be changed after every client
- Paper towels will be used for drying hands, we will no longer be using linen towels
- Social distancing between clients should be maintained in the hallway (not including stairs) and whilst inside the salon
- Social distancing will be maintained between staff and clients. When staff are not in treatment they will wait in their treatment room for the next appointment
- A plastic box will be provided for client clothes and valuables
- Our staff will wash hands before and after every client with anti-bacterial wash for 30 seconds.
- The Cleaning Guidelines will be followed for every area of salon
- All tools used during treatment will be washed and sterilised between use. Those that cannot will be considered single use and disposed of appropriately.
- Our treatment beds will be covered with couch roll and plastic covers will be wiped down between uses
- All surfaces that are touched will be wiped down with anti-bac spray & couch roll/anti-bac wipe, this includes our door handles, light switches, top of bottles, bannister on stairs, card machine, keyboard/mouse, face hole in bed, phone and hand soap dispenser.
Update to our salon operational procedures
- Therapists will open doors for all clients and appointments
- Your therapist will offer you the opportunity to wash your hands before and after every treatment.
- Payments and rebooking of appointments will be carried out in treatment rooms. Card is preferred and we will take cash if absolutely necessary.
- Retail products will only be touched by therapists and we are unable to provide testers at this time.
- We have put our reward system on hold
- We will not be providing appointment cards at this time so please bring your own diary or phone to record your appointments
- We will provide gift voucher electronically on request. We cannot except vouchers in July and all vouchers have been given a 4 month extension until 1/12/20
- We will not be providing treatments under 30 minutes and we will have a 15 minute time allocation for cleaning between each client
- The salon door will be kept open at all times plus the main downstairs door where possible
- Windows in each treatment room will be open to help circulate fresh air
Treatment protocols/ treatment rooms
- We are limiting the use of towels and replacing with couch roll and a plastic cover for our wax treatments
- Any products in tubs, will be dispensed using a spatula
- Therapists will not be swapping rooms
- New sponges will be used for every client
- Disposable head bands will be used for each client
- Social distance amongst staff will be maintained with one person in our staff room at any time
- All therapists will arrive 15 minutes before work to clean and sanitise and be prepared for first client
- Clean uniform will be worn every day and not be permitted to be worn outside the salon
- Therapists will have the appropriate PPE including apron, mask and gloves
- All therapists will have hair tied back, be jewellery free with short nails