Back to work plan following the Covid-19 Pandemic
We must ensure that we have the health and safety of anyone who works at or visits The Beauty Rooms at the forefront of our minds at all times to help prevent the spread of Covid -19. We all need to make changes to lower the risk of transmission of the virus whilst protecting ourselves and each other.
We have carried out a full risk assessment of every part of our business to identify extra steps we need to take for the safety of everyone and have created new processes to follow to ensure we adhere to the Government guidelines. We will follow these strict measures in every part of our daily working life. The plan will continuously be under review and alter as necessary in response to government advice
The new steps that are being implemented are:-
- Treatment times are limited and must be a minimum of 30 minutes. This is due to having 15-minute breaks between each client to ensure cleaning protocols are carried out. Please call us direct if you can’t book the service you would like online, as the smaller treatments have been removed to ensure the minimum appointment time is adhered to.
- Waiting is not permitted inside the salon and Clients will be asked to wait outside in the corridor area 2 metres apart. Your therapist will call you through once ready
- Clients should attend appointments unaccompanied and limit items brought to the appointment where possible
- Clients will not be able to use the normal facilities for the time being, this includes toilet, water machine/beverages and magazines.
- Please ensure you bring your own face mask with you where possible and wear it once you enter the building. We will have disposable ones available where necessary
- All Client’s entering the salon must use hand gel provided at the entrance and there will also be hand washing facilities in the treatment rooms
- Please do not come in if you feel unwell or you or any family members are displaying signs of COVID 19.
- You will be required to complete a covid questionnaire that will be sent to you via email to be completed before your appointment
- You may be required to re patch test for certain treatments
- Please inform us if you have had covid and/or a vaccine as this is a change to medical history
- Walk-in appointments will not be available- pre booked appointments only; please make sure you are no more than 5 minutes early.
- No under 18’s will be allowed into the salon as they need to be accompanied by an adult in order to have treatments
- If you start to display symptoms AFTER your appointment please notify us as soon as possible so we can notify anyone who was in the salon the day you were
Plans with PPE & Social Distancing
- Mask to be worn at all times by the therapist and client
- Visors will be worn by therapists as well as masks where appropriate
- Gloves will be worn and changed after every client
- Plastic screens will be in place on nail desks and will be sanitised after each client
- Paper towels will be used for drying hands
- Social distancing between clients should be maintained in the hallway (not including stairs) and whilst inside the salon
- Social distancing will be maintained between staff and clients. When staff are not in treatment they will wait in their treatment room for the next appointment
- A plastic box will be provided for client clothes and valuables and cleaned between uses
- Our staff will wash hands before and after every client with anti-bacterial wash for 30 seconds.
- The Cleaning Guidelines will be followed for every area of salon
- All tools used during treatment will be washed and sterilised between use. Those that cannot will be considered single use and disposed of appropriately.
- Our treatment beds will have plastic covers on them which will be sanitised between every use. Couch roll will also be placed on top and discarded after each client.
- All surfaces that are touched will be sanitised with anti-bac spray/ wipes. This includes our door handles, light switches, top of bottles, bannister on stairs, card machine, keyboard/mouse, face hole in bed, phone and hand soap dispenser.
Update to our salon operational procedures
- We are unable to accept vouchers in April. However, all vouchers have been given a 4 month extension from 01/05/21 – 31/08/21.
- Therapists will open doors for all clients and appointments
- Your therapist will offer you the opportunity to wash your hands before and after every treatment.
- Payments and rebooking of appointments will be carried out in treatment rooms. Card is preferred but we will take cash.
- Retail products will only be touched by therapists and we are unable to provide testers at this time.
- There will be no reward system or discounts at this time. Any existing points will remain.
- No appointment cards will be provided at this time so please bring your own diary or phone.
- The salon door will be kept open at all times plus the main downstairs door where possible
- Windows in each treatment room will be open to help circulate fresh air
Treatment protocols/ treatment rooms
- We are limiting the use of towels and will use couch roll where possible
- Any products in tubs will be dispensed using a spatula
- Therapists will limit swapping rooms as much as possible but this can not always be avoided due to some equipment/machines
- Disposable head bands and sponges will be used for each client
- Social distance amongst staff will be maintained with one person in our staff room at any time
- All therapists will arrive 15 minutes before work to ensure the salon is sanitised and prepared for clients
- Clean uniform will be worn every day and not be permitted to be worn outside the salon
- Therapists will have the appropriate PPE including mask, visor and gloves
- All therapists will have hair tied back, be jewellery free with short nails
If you have any questions, queries or concerns please don’t hesitate to get in contact.