- The Beauty Rooms are situated opposite the bus station, next to The Basement, 12 Wells Street Chelmsford CM1 1HZ.
- The nearest car park is the short stay car park behind The Ship pub or on street parking in the area.
- Gift vouchers are available for a specific treatment or to the value of your chosen amount.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 6 months.
- We stock retail products that are available to buy; Dermalogica, Jessica and Fake Bake
- A patch test is required 24 hours prior to eyebrow or lash tinting; this is to test for allergic reactions to the peroxide.
- Please bring your contact lens case when having tinting or facial treatments as they will need to be removed.
- Please inform your therapist if you are pregnant, have any medical conditions or are taking any medication, as treatments can be affected.
- Cancellation policy: Please give 24hrs notice when cancelling or re-booking. We appreciate things come up but appointments over an hour may incur a 50% charge. Time is precious, we hope you can understand.
- Loyalty cards are given to all of our clients; you will receive a stamp every time you visit the salon for treatment(s). Once you have collected 5 stamps you will receive £5 off your next treatment or product purchase.
- All major credit & debit cards welcome (excluding American Express).
- Please bring open toe flip flops for pedicures.
- Walk-ins welcome (subject to availability).
- Please book in advance for evenings & weekends, to avoid disappointment.
- Please bear with us at peak times; we can get very busy as we aim to accommodate everyone.
- Treatment times are approximate and may vary.
It takes the same amount of days as you are in years for a skin cell to be born & then shed. I.e. 25yr old =25 days whereas a 65 year old=65 days. Exfoliation helps to speed up this process to reveal brighter, fresher, younger looking skin.
Dermalogica’s daily microfoliant is a favourite for clients & celebs, picking up numerous awards worldwide. The unique rice powder formula is so gentle it can be used every day & even on sensitive skin.
Tap water can hydrate your skin leaving it feeling tight, especially if you live in hard water areas, as this can cause sensitivity and exaggerate redness and dryness. The same can be said for central heating & winter weather.
Try Dermalogica’s skin hydrating mask-a refreshing, soothing gel mask that can be used all over the face, including eyes & lips.
To minimise chipping seal the nail edge by sweeping the brush across the tip on the first coat of polish. You should also always keep an emery board in your handbag to resist tearing the nail when breaks or chips occur along with using cuticle oil at night 2 to 3 times a week to keep nails and cuticles nourished. A good tip is to simply use Olive oil or almond oil works, as it works just as well.
The suns UVB rays are linked to skin cancer and the UVA rays are proven to be a major cause of premature aging i.e. wrinkles.
Protect yourself against both with Dermalogica’s Ultra-sensitive face block SPF 25 or Solar defensive booster SPF 30 (mix with morning moisturiser).
Shave or wax 24 hours before applying fake tan, as the product can collect in the pores leaving dark spots if carried out directly before tan. To ensure even coverage prepare the skin by exfoliating the day before any tan. But do not use body moisturiser the same day as your tan as this can affect the self-tanning agents and cause streaking! However for hands, feet, elbows and knees apply a small amount of moist to get a lighter streak free coverage.
- Please refrain from using body lotion or moisturising body washes on the day of your waxing treatment as they may prevent the wax from being applied and removed efficiently.
- Please wear old high cut knickers for bikini, Brazilian and Hollywood waxing treatments.
- Note: Any fake tan will be removed when the area is waxed.
- After care waxing
- No lotions to be applied for 24 hours after waxing treatment, deodorant, perfume, self-tan, moisturiser, body wash and shaving gel – these could block pores and cause irritation.
- No heated treatments i.e. sunbeds, saunas or swimming.
- Avoid hot baths or showers.
- Avoid tight clothing.
Avoid make-up for the rest of the day if possible. However, mascara is ok. Avoid using any other products on your skin for the rest of the day. We recommend a facial every 4/5 weeks
- Drink plenty of water to wash toxins through.
- Don’t do anything strenuous, including hard workouts
- Bring open top shoes. Do not wear socks, shoes, slippers for 1-2 hours after.
- Wear gloves for washing up and gardening.
- Avoid biting or tearing the finger nails or surrounding skin, keep an emery board to hand and gently file rough edges and or breaks.
- Use cuticle oil (olive oil also works!). A small amount at night will help keep skin nourished.
- Use moisturising hand or foot cream regularly to keep skin hydrated and soft.
- Regular manicures and or pedicures we advise every 3-4 weeks.
- Apply top coat (Jessica Brilliance) 3-4 days after your treatment to prolong the life of your polish.
- Use a foot file on a regular basis if you suffer heard skin and use on dry feet and or heels.
Spray tan advice
- We recommend you obtain a patch test if you have never used any self-tanning products before or have sensitive skin.
- Do not use any other self-tanning products one week before treatment.
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
- On the day of your Fake Bake treatment DO NOT wear any make-up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents in the Fake Bake Spray Tan.
- Wear loose, dark clothing, sandals or flip flops.
- Wear loose dark clothing.
- Keep skin completely dry, avoid water contact. (Bring an umbrella if it’s raining as this will affect the treatment).
- Do not apply any products over the developing tan.
- Allow tan to develop for at least 6-8 hours (overnight if possible).
- Avoid other beauty or hair treatments whilst tan is developing.
- Avoid activities that make you perspire.
(the guide colour is only a vegetable dye & will wash out of cotton clothes or bed linen.)
- Rinse off remaining colour guide with warm or hot water until the water runs clear. The next day you can wash yourself with a mild soap.
- Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA’s) as they can strip colour.
- Avoid swimming pools as Chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.
- To prolong your tan use Fake Bake Smoothie Oil or Fake Bake Oil Free Moisturiser daily as this will help to lock in your colour. This will also hydrate your skin.
Please advise us if you have any medical conditions and of any medication you may be taking. Also if any of the following apply;
- Recent operations or scar tissue.
- Diabetes or epilepsy.
- Pregnancy or breast feeding.
- Skin diseases or disorders.
- Skin Allergies, allergic reactions or hyper-sensitivity.
- Varicose veins or bruising.
- High or low blood pressure.
Some of the above conditions may cause contra-indication to treatment. Your therapist may need to take extra care when carrying out your treatment.
For example; If you are using acne medication, steroid creams or products containing Retain/Retinol. They can seriously affect a waxing treatment, therefore is very important you let your therapist know.
If you have any specific skin problems or conditions i.e. eczema or psoriasis, please do talk to us as we can offer advice and product solutions.
Sensitive skin? Dermalogica products can help!